Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yesterday was a tough one. Again, we had a birthmom presented to us who had twins prematurely a few months ago. They are now ready to leave the hospital, and so now is when the birthmom can choose a family for her babies. We were again very excited; what are the chances of 2 sets of twins in the last 2 weeks?! From what we hear in the adoption world, it is EXTREMELY rare for twins to come up for adoption. It's hard enough to give up one baby, but when it comes to giving up 2, most birthmothers have an even harder time and back out.

That was not the case with this birthmom. She was ready to choose a family. So our profile was sent out and then we waited. If we were selected we would have to fly out the next day! It was hard not to get my hopes up... But, As you probably guessed, we were not selected. Sigh..... Again, I have to trust in the Lord. He knows what baby (or babies) are supposed to be in the Jones family. As much as I would love to control this area in my life, I can't!

Also yesterday, I reconnected with a friend from church, back in California, on Facebook. After chatting back and forth a few times, I found out that she just lost her 18 month old son to meningitis a few weeks ago. I then started reading her blog and her friend's blogs about the heart-wrenching ordeal. Through it all, she expresses gratitude for the gospel of Jesus Christ and how much comfort it gives her to know that she and her husband are an eternal family. I was so impressed with her and quite honestly, just in complete awe. I don't know how I would handle losing one of my babies. Especially so suddenly.

This put everything back into prospective for me. I know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me and my family. I know that He prepares us and challenges us so that we may grow and become better people. I, too, am so grateful to have the testimony of Jesus Christ that I do. I am grateful for my adoring, supportive, amazing husband, and the 2 beacons of light and joy in our home, Kennedy and Isabel.

I feel humbled as I write this this morning, but also renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment