Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Official!!






We signed the papers yesterday! WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! I can't even begin to describe my elation and joy. My heart is so full of gratitude and love because I know that so many of you (our friends and family) have been praying for us and sending positive energy our way. Prayer is truly powerful....thank you all! It feels so good to offically call him "ours".

Phoenix is doing great, too! He gained almost 2 oz. yesterday, which is double what he is expected to gain per day. We just hope he can keep up that kind of momentum, so he can come home soon. At this point, he is just fattening up and conserving all his energy so he can grow. He continues to be the favorite at the NICU, among the other mothers there and nurses, alike. All of his tests have come back, and he has a clean bill of health. He is truly my little warrior.

They are finally allowing me to hold him and to do some Kangaroo care with him, which I am absolutely LOVING. For those that don't know what Kangaroo care is, it is when you hold the baby to your chest skin to skin. The last time I held him, he drooled a little on my chest and I honestly did not want to shower last night to keep his sweet scent on me. I know, I'm pathetic!

He can still only be out of his incubator 2 times a day for 30 min. at a time, so that is the only physical contact I can get. But I'll take it! Leland has also been able to hold him, and it is so precious seeing him hold his little guy. Warms my heart, it does. We still have to be so careful, though, and I was just told by the doctor that she doesn't want anyone else to hold him other than us. My mom lucked out because she got to hold him before that new rule was laid out.

So now we just watch him grow and continue to send him our love in any way we are allowed to. We know the prayers are working, so keep 'em coming!

7 comments:

  1. You guys this is fantastic!! Wow, I am sooo excited for you! Can't wait to meet the little guy. :) Let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so full of JOY for you guys! What a Magical Blessing!! I can't wait to hear that he is coming home. He absolutely beautiful, so precious!! So excited to meet him. It amazes me continually how incredible the Lord is. Your story has touched my heart. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, a lot has happened since I last went to your blog geeze ! I'm so happy for you guys can't wait to meet my new nephew, Thomas will have a cousin around his age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious! I am so happy for you and hope and pray things go well from here on out. Keep in touch and keep the blog posts coming to keep us updated. I would love to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! I am so happy for you guys! Congrats again and again. OUr prayers our with you. It is so interesting how things work out isn't it? Would you have ever guessed this to happen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, you guys! That is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So how is this tough little guy doing? So happy that things worked out so well for you, and for him. He's a lucky little boy! And he will be a wonderful blessing to your family...

    ReplyDelete