Thursday, March 11, 2010

FUNDRAISERS







1. Baby Bottle Collections: Our first idea is putting baby bottles in homes and businesses. We have ordered close to 200 baby bottles in bulk, and have written a short description to put on them. We are asking all of our family and friends (especially those that live far away) to purchase one baby bottle and bring it with them to work and/or keep another bottle with them at home to collect any spare change. Our goal is to make $30-$35 a bottle.

2. Silent Auction: I will be posting some items on this blog for our silent auction. You will be able to bid on various services and big ticket items that have been donated by our family and friends. Some services and items that have already been donated are: 80 min. Massage, Weekend retreat in Park City, Baby-sitting, Foot zoning, Essential Oils, Life-Coaching session, Holistic Health Coaching Session, Exquisit dining room table set, Computer, A Dream Date, and Swimming lessons to name just a few. If you are interested in donating any items or services, please contact me.

3. All-Natural, Hand-Made Soaps, Lip Balms, and Bath Salts: All of these are infused with essential oils (Lavender, Rose, Peppermint, Chamomile, etc,), and made with other all-natural plants and ingredients in my very own kitchen! Many of you received these as gifts this last Christmas from me. I had such a huge response from people who wanted me to make them full-time and to buy them from me that I thought this would be a great way to raise money for the adoption. The essential oils used are from a company called doTERRA (meaning, gift of the earth) and are the purest oils I have EVER come across. (If you are interested in learning more about doTERRA or Essential Oils in general, let me know. I also offer various classes at my house, or you can invite family and friends to have a class in your home).

4. Marathon-Man: Leland is very courageously running a marathon in May! We are asking anyone to donate $1-$5 for every mile completed. He is training so hard for this, and has already dislocated a bone in his foot for the cause! He is determined, though, and I am putting my massage skills to the test to keep him on track.


We would appreciate ANY amount of support. We know that many of you are struggling, yourselves, to make ends meet. This is why we have tried to have items and services that you might pay for already; this way we hope you don't feel like your are just "donating" money. If you still just don't anything to give, we will accept your thoughts and prayers that we will be able to come up with the money. We are firm believers in the power of prayer.

We are working on more fundraisers, and will post more as they become more developed. As you can imagine, we are pretty busy working on the ones already underway!

3 comments:

  1. Wow look at you guys! I hope and pray that things work out for you. I can donate a few things to the cause, I will have to call and chat. Why the heck are you in Park City?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to purchase a baby bottle from you!!!! How much and how? My email is susan.cheatham@imail.org or my address is susan Cheatham
    1102 North 490 E.
    Tooele, UT 84074

    You are amazing just like your sister Cherie! I loved your story!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to buy some of your all natural items. Do you have a list of what you have available etc.

    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete